2023 Resource Round-Up
Dec 18, 2023 WoodWorks
To end another great year in wood design and construction, we’ve rounded up all the new resources, including technical guidance, case studies, videos, and more, that our team has published this year into one comprehensive list.
Technical Guidance and Support
The CLT Diaphragm Design Guide gets top billing for its significance in mass timber design.
Developed collaboratively with experts in mass timber structural engineering, this groundbreaking publication provides guidance for the design of CLT diaphragms used as part of wind and seismic lateral force-resisting systems.
- Exterior Walls in Mass Timber Buildings – Part 1
- Specifying Appearance Grades of Mass Timber*
- Fire Design of Mass Timber Members: Code Applications, Construction Types and Fire Ratings*
- Standards and Testing: Ensuring Adhesive Performance in Mass Timber Buildings
- Alignment of Bearing Wall Studs and Trusses/Joists in Multi-Story Wood Construction: Structural Design Considerations*
- Concealed Spaces in Light-Frame Wood Construction
- Architectural Finishes and Mass Timber: A Primer
Alvera / DJR Architecture & Design / photo Korey Kevin Studio
- Assessing the Financial Feasibility of Modular Construction
- The Modular Design Process – Design of the Units
- Roles and Responsibilities: Structural Design of Modular Projects
- Regulating Off-Site: Ensuring Code Compliance in a Factory-Built Environment
- The Modular Enclosure: Protect Your Investment During Every Phase
The Beam on Farmer / RSP Architects / PK Associates / Jason Roehner Photographs
Resources for Owners & Developers
Credits on Demand
We also published over a dozen new CE courses at The Wood Institute. Create an account to access WoodWorks education on demand.
Project Examples on WIN: A Resource for Your Team
For design teams looking to propose innovative wood solutions to clients who may resist using unfamiliar materials—or developers and GCs taking the pulse of wood design in their market, WIN is the best place to find project examples. Discover mass timber and innovative light-frame projects, the teams behind them, and companies that manufacture and supply the wood products. Visit WIN.
*Updated in 2023