BY CONTINUING TO USE THE WPC WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WPC PROGRAM OFFERED BY WPC, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS POLICY AS IT IS PRESENTED TO YOU AS OF THE DATE OF YOUR FIRST USE OF ANY WPC PROGRAM (THE “EFFECTIVE DATE”). NO CHANGES (ADDITIONS OR DELETIONS) BY YOU TO THIS POLICY WILL BE ACCEPTED BY THE WOOD PRODUCTS COUNCIL. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS POLICY, OR YOU DO NOT WISH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO BE USED PURSUANT TO THIS POLICY, THEN YOU SHOULD NOT USE ANY WPC PROGRAM (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WPC WEBSITES) AND YOU SHOULD NOT PROVIDE ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE WOOD PRODUCTS COUNCIL. YOU SHOULD DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THIS POLICY FOR YOUR RECORDS.
- COLLECTION OF USER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION.
During a User’s use or participation in any WPC Program (including without limitation a User’s use of the WPC Website), WPC may, either directly or on its behalf, collect, retain, share, disclose or otherwise use any and all of the following information or data about You (hereinafter referred to as the User’s “personal information”):
- Any personal information about the User, including without limitation the User’s name, title, company, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, and other personal identifiable data;
- Any content or other data that a User distributes, publishes, uploads or otherwise makes available during their use of, or other enjoyment of the benefits of any services provided through, any WPC Program; or
- Any other information or data about how You use, or the results of Your use of, any WPC Programs.
- COOKIES AND OTHER UNIQUE IDENTIFIERS.
During a User’s visit to the WPC Website or any other WPC Program, the User’s Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”) may be obtained by Us or Our servers (or any third-party servers that We engage) may place small temporary text files on the User’s computer processor or in the browser directory of the User’s hard drive (collectively “Cookies”). Like many websites, WPC may use the User’s IP address and/or Cookies during Your visit to any WPC Program in order to improve your individual experience as a User of that WPC Program or to generally improve or enhance the overall functionality of the WPC Website or WPC Program. While most websites automatically accept Cookies for these purposes, You may be able to instruct your browser to stop accepting Cookies or prompt You before accepting a Cookie from the sites you visit, including the WPC Website.
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION.
3.1 Except for the use of a User’s IP Address or Cookies as contemplated by Section 2 of this Policy or any other use as otherwise permitted pursuant to the terms of Section 3 of this Policy, all personal information supplied by You during Your use of the WPC Website or any other WPC Program will remain within the WPC organization and will not be shared with or disclosed to any external entity unless prior permission is given by You to the WPC.
3.2 In addition to the use of your IP Address and Cookies as contemplated by Section 2 of this Policy, each User hereby understands and agrees that WPC is permitted to collect, retain or otherwise use any of the User’s personal information, or may share or otherwise disclose to any other party any of the User’s personal information, for any of the following purposes:
- To facilitate a User’s access and use of the WPC Website or other WPC Program (and all features and functionalities therein) or a User’s participation in any other activities or services provided by or on behalf of WPC, including without limitation sharing or disclosing the User’s personal information with WPC’s service providers who assist WPC with supporting or operating the WPC Website or the other WPC Programs or assist WPC with supporting or operating Our other activities or services to You, or to otherwise be used by WPC in its general operation of its WPC Website or other WPC Programs;
- To share or otherwise disclose to any government agencies or third parties in order to comply with, or otherwise pursuant to, any subpoena, court order or other governmental order, law or regulation;
- To allow WPC to provide you with other notices, information or material regarding any WPC activities, services or events; or
- If You have joined or otherwise signed up to participate in any forum, blog or other activity made available by or through any WPC Website or any other WPC Platform (“WPC Forum“) and the procedures or rules of that WPC Forum state that your personal information may be shared with other parties participating in that WPC Forum, then You hereby agree that by continuing to participate in that particular WPC Forum You have automatically consented to such sharing of Your personal information with the other parties who participate in that WPC Forum.
- OPT-OUT FROM RECEIVING INFORMATION FROM THE WPC.
4.1 In the event a User has provided WPC with personal information such as that discussed above, and thereafter a User does not want to continue to directly receive further notices, information or material from WPC regarding WPC activities, services or events, the User must (in addition to any other steps that a User is required to take pursuant to the policies or procedures established by WPC for a particular WPC Program) send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that the User no longer wants to receive these communications directly from WPC (“Opt Out“). Once WPC has received that User’s request to Opt Out, WPC will use commercially reasonable efforts, in a commercially reasonable time period, to try to carry out such User’s request to Opt Out; provided, however, WPC will not have any obligation to retrieve, and cannot prevent the further use by others of, such User’s personal identifiable information which may have been shared with others (pursuant to this Policy) up to that time.
- USER RESPONSIBLE FOR UPDATING USER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Users are solely responsible for correcting, updating, or modifying any and all of the User’s personal information as it appears in, and as otherwise stored or contained in, any WPC Program. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, the User acknowledges and agrees that WPC has no duty to correct, update, modify or eliminate any of the User’s personal information as it appears in, is stored, or is otherwise contained in, the WPC Website or in any other WPC Program.
- LINKS TO, AND USE OF, THIRD-PARTY SITES OR PROGRAMS.
The WPC Website or other WPC Programs may now or in the future provide links or other access to websites, forums or other programs that are not under WPC’s sole control and not solely owned by WPC (collectively referred to as “Third-Party Sites“). If a User clicks on a link to, or otherwise gains access to, any such Third-Party Site, the User will be transported to one of these Third-Party Sites.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, EACH USER AGREES THAT IF THE USER USES ANY THIRD-PARTY SITES IN ANY WAY, THE USER IS AWARE THAT ANY OF THE USER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THE USER PROVIDES TO THAT THIRD-PARTY SITE MIGHT BE READ, COLLECTED, SHARED, DISTRIBUTED, OR OTHERWISE USED BY OTHER USERS OF THAT THIRD-PARTY SITE OR BY ANY OTHER THIRD PARTIES, AND COULD BE USED TO SEND THE USER UNSOLICITED MESSAGES. WPC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THE USER ELECTS TO SUBMIT IN, OR OTHERWISE MAKE AVAILABLE TO, THESE THIRD-PARTY SITES.
Any link to any Third-Party Site from the WPC Website or any other WPC Program does not imply any endorsement of the privacy practices of such Third-Party Site by the WPC, and no such Third-Party Site is authorized to make any representation or warranty on our behalf.
- DO NOT TRACK.
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets website users inform websites or other applications that they do not want to have their online activities tracked. These “do not track” features may also give website users other choices regarding the collection of their personal identifiable information. However, these “do not track” features and “do not track’ signals are not yet uniform. Accordingly, each User of the WPC Website or any other WPC Program is hereby notified that the WPC Website and the other WPC Programs are not currently set up to respond to any of the User’s “do not track” features or “do not track” signals.
- COMMUNICATING WITH THE WOOD PRODUCTS COUNCIL.