Floor Panel Bears on Wall – Platform with Brackets
Floor panel bears on wall panel below. Wall panel above bears on floor panel. A positive connection is made between roof and wall panels with custom or proprietary bracket with partially-threaded screws.
Purpose: Transfer of vertical load from roof panel to wall panel below. Can also transfer in-plane and out-of-plane loads between the wall panel and roof panel.
- Capacity of primary load path is controlled by perpendicular-to-grain bearing capacity of roof panel.
- Screws and bracket provide load path for in-plane and out-of-plane loads.
- Out-of-plane load carrying capacity is dependent on the stiffness of the bracket and may not be possible.
- This connection is used when a greater in-plane load capacity is required when compared to similar Class 1 connections.
- Brackets may be proprietary. Potential bracket suppliers include Simpson Strong-Tie, Rothoblaas and MiTek.
- Class 2
- Load Medium
- Cost $$
- Constructability Easy
- Fire Rating III