- This event has passed.
Early Design Decisions: Priming Mass Timber Projects for Success
December 1, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
- In Person
Mass timber is a unique, non-commodity building material and, to lay the groundwork for success, certain critical decisions must be made as early as possible. These decisions can have a big impact on cost and can either increase or limit opportunities later in design. There are many cases of project teams that want to realize the full benefits of mass timber, but, because they base their designs on traditional building practices instead of optimizing them for mass timber, end up with avoidable price premiums. This presentation will walk through early project decisions and design steps, focusing on how to optimize projects for mass timber and how one early decision can influence others. Topics will include construction types, fire ratings, column grids and beam/panel spans, acoustics and MEP integration. Completed mass timber projects will be used to illustrate the variety of viable options when navigating these key decisions.
Attendees can earn 2.0 AIA/CES HSW LUs, 2.0 PDH credits or 0.2 ICC credits
Anthony Harvey, PE – Regional Director | OH, IN, KY, MI | WoodWorks
- Venue: The Wellington Fishers Banquet & Conference Center at 9775 N by NE Blvd, Fishers, IN
- Lunch will be provided: at 12:00 pm
- We will follow the safety protocols of the venue.
- Upon registration, attendees are required to agree to the terms outlined in our COVID-19 Acknowledgment, Waiver, and Release form
- WoodWorks will send each attendee a certificate of completion within 2 weeks via email.
- Please note that to receive a certificate, attendees must stay for the duration of the event.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
LeeAnn Charpentier | email@example.com | Ph: (301) 633-0330