- This event has passed.
Taking the Guesswork out of Mixed-Use Building Analysis
November 30, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 11:00 am EST
- In Person
While mixed-use buildings—which combine multiple occupancy types and/or functions in a single structure—are common, determining how to apply their unique mix of code requirements can be a daunting task. To simplify code analysis associated with these buildings, this presentation covers logical, code-compliant steps for a number of topics, including determining allowable building size, separation needs, detailing requirements, and the application of special provisions. With an emphasis on the use of wood framing in Construction Types III, IV and V, examples, calculations, and details will be presented to demonstrate how to navigate the various code requirements associated with mixed-use buildings while maximizing building size and meeting fire and life safety needs.
Attendees can earn 2.0 AIA/CES HSW LUs, 2.0 PDH credits or 0.2 ICC credits
Marc Rivard, PE, SE – Regional Director | MA, CT, ME, NH, RI, VT | WoodWorks
- Venue: The Conference Center at Waltham Woods – 860 Winter St, Waltham, MA
- Breakfast will be provided
- We will follow the safety protocols of the venue.
- Upon registration, attendees are required to agree to the terms outlined in our COVID-19 Acknowledgment, Waiver, and Release form
- WoodWorks will send each attendee a certificate of completion within 2 weeks via email.
- Please note that to receive a certificate, attendees must stay for the duration of the event.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
LeeAnn Charpentier | firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: (301) 633-0330