Shaft Wall Assembly at Non-Rated Floor & 2-Hr Shaft with Concrete Turned Down Beam
Description: Intermediate floor transition at shaft. 3-ply CLT cannot be in the shaft wall assembly so the turned down concrete beam provides the transition between floors where no beam is present.
Purpose: Shaft wall assembly at intermediate floors with glulam beam support.
- Reinforced self-supporting concrete turned down beam used to support the shaft wall and maintain rating.
- CLT floor outboard of shaft wall assembly.
- Formwork and shoring required to cast turned down concrete beam where glulam beam is not present.
- Shaft wall assembly estimated at STC 39-45 depending on layers of gypsum for shaft rating CLT floor 3-ply (3.5″) with 3/4″ acoustic mat and 3″ concrete = IIC 45 & STC 53.
- Can be used to meet any shaft wall rating requirement.
- Constructability Advanced
- Fire Rated Up To 2 Hours