Panel bearing on concrete is connected to concrete with holdown. Panel is connected to holdown with partially-threaded screws. Holdown is connected to concrete with post-installed anchors.
Purpose: Transfer of vertical uplift load from panel to concrete.
- Capacity of connection is dependent on the screw capacity, anchor capacity, or manufacturer’s literature.
- Connection may also use embed instead of post-installed anchors in concrete.
- Refer to other details in this table for gravity load transfer along length of panel to concrete connection.
- In high-seismic zones, horizontal screws will result in a more ductile connection.
- Proprietary options exist. Potential suppliers include Simpson Strong-Tie, Rothoblaas, and MiTek.
- Class 2
- Load High
- Cost $$
- Constructability Moderate
- Fire Rating III