Panel Bears with Knife Plates
Panel bears on intermittent steel connection consisting of knife and bearing plate. Knife plate is positively connected to panel with dowel-type fasteners. Bearing plate is positively connected to concrete with post-installed anchors. Grout is provided below bearing plate for elevation control.
Purpose: Transfer of vertical load from panel to concrete. Can also transfer in-plane and out-of-plane loads from the panel to concrete.
- Capacity of connection is dependent on the parallel-to-grain capacity of panel or manufacturer’s literature.
- Screws, anchors, and knife plate provide load path for in-plane and out-of-plane loads.
- Spacing of connection as required for stability and loading requirements.
- Connection may be installed without grout under bearing plate. Without grout, the connection does not accommodate likely variations in top of concrete elevations, even within the range of appropriate concrete tolerances.
- Proprietary options exist. Potential suppliers include MTC Solutions.
- Class 2
- Load Medium
- Cost $$$
- Constructability Advanced
- Fire Rating II