Column Bears with Proprietary Plate Connector
Column bears on proprietary steel connector consisting of cruciform knife plate assembly and bearing plate. Knife plates are connected to column with dowel-type fasteners. Bearing plate is connected to concrete with post-installed anchors. Grout is provided below bearing plate for elevation control.
Purpose: Transfer of vertical load from wood column to concrete.
- Capacity of connection is as specified by the manufacturer’s literature.
- Vertical cuts in column for vertical plates may be visible.
- Knife plates may be connected to column with adhesive. See manufacturer’s literature for additional information.
- This connection provides reduced elevation control relative to grouted connections.
- Potential suppliers include Rothoblaas.
- Class 3
- Load Medium
- Cost $$$
- Constructability Easy
- Fire Rating III