Floor Panel Bears on Column at Proprietary Standoff
Proprietary connector is composed of an oversized bearing assembly and upper post, which fits into a larger lower post and bearing plate. The upper column bears on the oversized bearing assembly which then bears on the floor panels. The floor panels bear on the lower bearing plate. Positive connection is made between the connector and panels and between the connector and columns with screws.
Purpose: Transfer of vertical load from floor panels and upper column to wood column below.
- Capacity is controlled by perpendicular-to-grain bearing or rolling shear capacity of floor panel, or as specified by manufacturer.
- This connection is unique to single-point support of mass timber panels with two-way span capability such as CLT or SCL-CLT.
- Constructability can be affected by the need for temporary bracing of column.
- Steel connection assembly pieces are pre-installed on the bottom of the upper column.
- Possible suppliers include Rothoblaas.
- Class 3
- Load Medium
- Cost $$$
- Constructability Moderate
- Fire Rating III