Typical Interior Demising Wall
Description: Two layers of gypsum both sides; 2 1/2″-deep leg track at head for floor movement; lag screws used at underside of CLT; powder actuated fastener for attachment to topping.
Purpose: Typical interior demising wall mounted to CLT floor above and topping below.
- One layer of gypsum could be substituted for resilient channel to improve STC rating.
- Provide batt insulation in the cavity.
- 5/8″ Type X, one layer one side 3 1/2″ – 4″ batt (STC 50) 5/8″ one layer side one, two layers side two, 5/8″ Type X, 3 1/2″ – 4″ batt (STC 55) 5/8″ Type X, two layers each side 3 1/2″ – 4″ batt (STC).
- Non-rated 3-ply CLT 1 1/2-hr rating possible: 5-ply CLT Design No. L901.
- Constructability Easy
- Fire Rated Up To 1-1/2 Hours