Panel Bears on Bracket at Wall
Panel bears on custom-fabricated connector with positive attachment between panel and connector using partially-threaded screws. Steel connector is attached to wall with post-installed anchors or embeds.
Purpose: Transfer of gravity loads from roof or floor panel to wall. Can also transfer in-plane loads between the wall and roof or floor panel.
- Capacity of connection is dependent on perpendicular-to-grain capacity of panel and shear and tensile capacity of wall connector.
- Consider eccentricity of panel bearing on connector.
- Connection should accommodate different expected tolerance between concrete construction and timber construction.
- Connection may be required to transfer out-of-plane wall loads into diaphragm.
- Bracket may be added to top of panel where additional in-plane load transfer is required.
- Inspectability is difficult if lower bracket is upturned at panel edge.
- Class 2
- Load Low
- Cost $$
- Constructability Moderate
- Fire Rating III