Multiple Beams Bear on Bearing plate with Steel Standoff
Column above floor is supported by steel standoff and beams bear on plate with a knife plate at base of standoff. Steel components are connected to wood with glued-in rods, dowels, or screws.
Purpose: Transfer of vertical loads from beams to column and transfer of vertical load from column above directly to column below.
- Alternate connections include bucket plates for columns and/or beams with through-bolts.
- Beams may also be framed in perpendicular direction.
- Capacity of connection is dependent on perpendicular-to-grain capacity of beam and parallel-to-grain capacity of the columns.
- Deck not shown for clarity. Beam may require bracing for lateral-torsional buckling.
- Class 2
- Load High
- Cost $$$
- Constructability Moderate
- Fire Rating III