Floor Panel Bears on Wall – Platform with Side Plate
Floor panel bears on wall panel below. Wall panel above bears on floor panel. A positive connection is made between floor panel and walls with side plate with partially-threaded screws.
Purpose: Transfer of vertical load from floor panel and wall panel above to wall panel below. Can also transfer in-plane and out-of-plane loads between the wall panels and floor panel.
- Capacity of primary load path is controlled by perpendicular-to-grain bearing capacity of floor panel.
- Screws and side plate provide load path for in-plane and out-of-plane loads.
- Out-of-plane load carrying capacity is dependent on the stiffness of the bracket and may not be possible.
- This connection is used when a greater in-plane load capacity is required when compared to similar Class 1 connections.
- Installation from exterior of building is required and may be difficult.
- Potential side plate suppliers include Rothoblaas.
- Class 2
- Load Medium
- Cost $$
- Constructability Moderate
- Fire Rating III