Floor Panel Bears on Wall – Platform with Proprietary Connectors
Floor panel bears on wall panel below. Wall panel above bears on floor panel. Proprietary connectors are first installed on top and bottom of floor pane and wall top and base with partially-threaded screws. Shear key connectors on wall and floor panel are aligned and slid into place providing connection. Wall panel above is then installed similarly.
Purpose: Transfer of vertical load from floor panel and wall panel above to wall panel below. Can also transfer in-plane and out-of-plane loads between the wall panels and floor panel.
- Capacity of primary load path is controlled by perpendicular-to-grain bearing capacity of floor panel.
- Connectors may have tight construction tolerance.
- Orientation of shear key connectors will determine the construction sequence.
- Installation requires alignment of shear key connectors prior to removal of rigging.
- Possible suppliers include Rothoblaas, Simpson Strong-tie and Knapp.
- Class 3
- Load Medium
- Cost $$$$
- Constructability Advanced
- Fire Rating II