Floor Panel Bears on Column at Proprietary Standoff with Panel Reinforcement
Proprietary product that connects and separates columns with a steel connection assembly. Positive connection is made to columns with screws. Floor panels bear on steel assembly and are also supported by diagonal screws in tension fastened through integral steel arms.
Purpose: Transfer of vertical load from floor panels and upper column to wood column below.
- Capacity is controlled by perpendicular-to-grain bearing or rolling shear capacity of floor panel, or as specified by manufacturer.
- This connection is unique to single-point support of mass timber panels with two-way span capability such as CLT or SCL-CLT.
- Constructability can be affected by the need for temporary bracing of column.
- Steel connection assembly pieces are pre-installed on the bottom of the upper column.
- Manufacturers include Rothoblaas.
- Class 3
- Load High
- Cost $$$$
- Constructability Easy
- Fire Rating III