Exterior Brick Wall Attachment to CLT Floor
Description: Connects exterior wall studs to CLT floor bypassing the building structure, while allowing for vertical deflection of the structure up to 2″ (1″ up and 1″ down).
Purpose: Exterior wall attachment to CLT floor.
- Surface-mounted clip; needs to be installed prior to acoustic mat and topping.
Alternate attachment methods:
- Clip installed at bottom of CLT instead of top.
- Thicker CLT panel with clips attached directly to edge of panel; for this scenario, must ensure that screws from the clips to the CLT are not in the end-grain of the wood.
- Use a continuous angle along the edge of the CLT, which could be the structural chord; attachment of the wall is to the angle instead of the CLT.
- Thermafiber Safing and smoke seal used at space between floor and wall, both for acoustic and smoke separation.
- 1-hr or 2-hr exterior wall rating based on interior layers of gypsum Non-rated 3-ply CLT 1 1/2-hr rating possible: 5-ply CLT Design No. L901.
- Constructability Easy
- Fire Rated Up To 2 Hours