Curtain Wall Attachment to Non-Rated Floor at Overhang
Description: Attachment method for the curtain wall to the CLT in this detail is mounted to the top of the CLT; bottom of the curtain wall is hung off this attachment and framing provided off the bottom of the CLT to support the overhang material.
Purpose: Detail for curtain wall and non-rated floor assembly at overhang.
- Surface-mounted anchor; needs to be installed prior to acoustic mat and topping.
- Steel bent plate with lag screws.
- Pre-finished brake metal wrap is only recommended when no ceiling is used to cover the Thermafiber at the floor transition.
- Custom work by curtain wall suppliers may be needed to interface with the timber.
- Thermafiber Safing and smoke seal used at space between floor and wall, both for acoustic and smoke separation.
- Non-rated floor and wall assembly.
- Constructability Moderate