- This event has passed.
Light Wood-Frame Shaft Wall Detailing for Code Compliance and Constructability
December 13, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST
National Online Event
While mid-rise wood buildings sometimes include shaft walls made from other materials, wood shaft walls are increasingly recognized by designers as a code-compliant option – with added benefits of lower cost, faster installation, and compatibility with the rest of the wood framing. This presentation will cover elevator, stair, and mechanical shaft details in light-frame wood projects. Specific emphasis will be on meeting fire and structural requirements, as well as other common challenges like acoustics and constructability. Detailing options for meeting these often competing requirements will be demonstrated through case studies of real projects.
- Jason Bahr, PE – WoodWorks
- Nick Diggins, AIA, NCARB – Mosaic Architecture
- Aubrey Yerger – Morrison-Maierle
- Thuy Fontelera, PE, SE, LEED AP BD+C – Element Structural Engineers
- Anisa Awad, P.Eng. – Element Structural Engineers
Attendees can Earn 1.5 AIA/CES HSW LUs, 1.5 PDH credits or 0.15 ICC credits
- 1:00-2:30 ET presentation with Q&A (1.5 credits)
- 2:30-2:50 ET Manufacturer’s Spotlight (not for credit)
For questions or additional information please contact:
Mary Schramka | firstname.lastname@example.org | 708-204-9578
Photo credit: Economist / OZ Architecture / photo Black Bike Productions