Roof Panel Bears on Wall – Platform
Roof panel bears on wall panel below. A positive connection is made between panels with partially-threaded screws.
Purpose: Transfer of vertical load from roof panel to wall panel below. Can also transfer in-plane and out-of-plane loads between the wall panel and roof panel.
- Capacity of primary load path is controlled by perpendicular-to-grain bearing capacity of floor panel or notch.
- Reasonable minimum notch bearing width is 1″.
- Shop machined notch provides more reliable elevation control than applied bracket or ledger.
- In panel design, consider that panel is not continuous across connection and multi-span conditions may not be achievable.
- Beam must be designed for reduced net section.
- Class 1
- Load Medium
- Cost $
- Constructability Easy
- Fire Rating II