Panel Holdown with Proprietary Connection System
Panel bears on concrete with notch at panel corner for connection system. One portion of connection system is shop-installed on panel and attached with partially threaded screws. Second portion of connection is installed on site and attached to concrete with post-installed anchors. Connection is completed with bolts through both portions of connection system.
Purpose: Transfer of vertical uplift load at panel end from panel to concrete. Can also transfer in-plane loads from the panel to concrete.
- Capacity of connection is dependent on the manufacturer’s literature.
- Coordination with supplier required prior to fabrication to facilitate shop installation of connector.
- All fasteners in system are as specified by system manufacturer.
- Base of wood wall panel requires added separation material to reduce the likelihood of moisture wicking into the panel. This material may also assist in correcting imperfections at top of concrete.
- Refer to other details in this table for gravity load transfer along length of panel to concrete connection.
- Potential suppliers include Rothoblaas.
- Table 14: Mass Timber Wall Panel to Mass Timber Wall Panel
- Class 3
- Load Medium
- Cost $$$$
- Constructability Advanced
- Fire Rating III