- This event has passed.
Regional In-Person Event (Portland, OR). Co-produced by WoodWorks & the Forest Business Network, this conference is one of the largest gatherings of mass timber experts in the world.
The 2022 Mass Timber Conference agenda includes:
- 60+ expert presentations
- 2 keynote speakers – Shigeru Ban, Principal, Shigeru Ban Architects & Jeanne Gang, Founding Principal, Studio Gang
- 100+ exhibitors
- Building tours
- 4 education tracks
- Track 1: Raw Materials and Supply Chains: Best Practices
- Track 2: Development and Construction Principles
- Track 3: The Practicals of Mass Timber Design and Engineering
- Track 4: Offsite & Housing
WoodWorks to Present a Pre-Conference Workshop – A Mass Timber Clinic: Introducing and Mastering Design Topics
- Cost: $125
- Date: Tuesday, April 12, 2022
- Time: 12:45 pm – 5:00 pm PT
- Location: A Meeting Rooms 105–106, Oregon Convention Center
- Credits: Attendees will earn 4.0 AIA/CES HSW LUs, 4.0 PDH credits or .04 ICC credits
Intended for those new to mass timber design, or those looking to refresh their design knowledge, this pre-conference workshop will take a step-by-step approach to the practical design and engineering aspects of mass timber buildings. Breakout sessions at the 2022 International Mass Timber Conference will examine specific design and construction topics in depth, and this pre-conference seminar will equip attendees with the baseline experience needed both to expand their knowledge in the main track sessions and start their own mass timber designs.
Topics will include mass timber products, code compliance, fire resistance, new tall mass timber construction types, structural design and layout, connection detailing, acoustics, MEP integration, and more. Project examples will be included throughout to highlight and emphasize design solutions implemented on real structures.
- Janelle Leafblad, PE
- Mark Bartlett, PE
- Chelsea Drenick, SE
- Bruce Lindsey
- Scott Breneman, PhD, PE, SE
- Marc Rivard, PE, SE
- Laura Cullen, EIT