- This event has passed.
The Beam on Farmer Site Tour: Inside Arizona’s First CLT Office Building
November 18, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 6:30 pm MST
- In Person
This unique educational tour will provide an in-depth look at Arizona’s first cross-laminated timber (CLT) office building. The Beam on Farmer, located in Tempe, was inspired by balance—between life and work, new and tenured, modern and vintage— also paying homage to traditional wood construction through its use of contemporary mass timber. In addition to the sustainability and biophilic benefits associated with mass timber, the project utilizes an Under Floor Air Distribution (UFAD) system that pairs seamlessly with the mass timber floor system to provide an energy-efficient and healthy work environment.
The tour of this 184,000 sf, five-story facility will allow attendees to experience a completed mass timber office building firsthand. Attendees will hear from project team members about the systems and construction techniques that were used, and how they are implemented to achieve a successful finished product.
Following the tour, attendees are invited to attend a networking happy hour at the nearby Pedal Haus Brewery.
- Onsite tour 3:00 – 4:30 pm
- Parking available in the parking structure on the north side of the building
- Networking happy hour 4:30 – 6:30 pm at Pedal Haus Brewery, 730 S. Mill Ave, Tempe
- We will follow the safety protocols of the venue
- Upon registration, attendees are required to agree to the terms outlined in our COVID-19 Acknowledgment, Waiver, and Release form.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
Jaime Krohn, CMP at email@example.com