- This event has passed.
Mass Timber: Early Design Decisions for Successful Multi-Family Housing
June 15, 2022 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm EDT
- In Person
Part one of this presentation will provide a detailed look at the variety of mass timber products available, including glue-laminated timber (glulam), cross laminated timber (CLT), nail laminated timber (NLT), heavy timber decking, and other engineered and composite systems. Applications for the use of these products under modern building codes will be discussed, and examples of their use in U.S. projects reviewed.
Part two will answer the questions:
- Can mass timber multi-family projects make financial sense in the 4-6 story range, used in conjunction with light wood-frame systems?
- What new opportunities will the 2021 International Building Code create for mass timber housing in the 6-18 story range?
Attendees can earn 2.0 AIA/CES HSW LUs, 2.0 PDH credits or 0.2 ICC credits
John O’Donald II, PE – Regional Director | VA, DC, DE, MD, WV | WoodWorks
- Co|Lab in Falls Church, VA with optional networking happy hour following the seminar from 4:30-5:30 pm
- Free parking on site
- We will follow the safety protocols of the venue.
- Upon registration, attendees are required to agree to the terms outlined in our COVID-19 Acknowledgment, Waiver, and Release form
- WoodWorks will send each attendee a certificate of completion within 2 weeks via email.
- Please note that to receive a certificate, attendees must stay for the duration of the event.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
LeeAnn Charpentier | WoodWorks | LeeAnn.Charpentier@woodworks.org | Ph: 301-633- 0330