40TEN Site Tour: A Firsthand Look at Mass Timber Construction
September 27 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm EDT
- In Person
This unique educational event will provide an in-depth look at Baltimore’s first modern mass timber office building. Projected to open in early 2023, the building will feature exposed timber structure, expansive glass lines, 15’ high floor to ceilings, expansive common area amenity space and a roof top deck all designed to meet the needs of the modern office environment. The 4-story building will feature three stories of mass timber construction above a concrete podium, with Glulam post & beam framing supporting DLT panels. Attendees will tour the site with members of the project team, who will share information on detailing and construction techniques utilized throughout the building. The tour format encourages questions and discussion, and attendees can expect to leave, not only with insights on the project’s design and execution, but factors that influenced material and detail selection.
John O’Donald + representatives from Moseley Architects, CCG, and 28 Walker (project design team) will lead the tour.
Following the tour attendees are invited for networking, drinks, and appetizers at Gunther + Co. (located within walking distance from the tour site).
- Onsite tour 4:00 – 5:00 pm
- Networking happy hour 5:00 – 7:00 pm
- We will follow the safety protocols of the venue
- Upon registration, attendees are required to agree to the terms outlined in our COVID-19 Acknowledgment, Waiver, and Release form.
- Hardhats and vests will be provided by WoodWorks, but you are welcome to bring your own. Closed-toe shoes are required
For questions or additional information, please contact:
LeeAnn Charpentier, CMP | LeeAnn.Charpentier@woodworks.org | (301) 633-0330