- This event has passed.
Mid-Rise Design & Detailing: Optimizing Size, Maximizing Value
November 16, 2022 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm EST
- In Person
As cities seek increased density to address urban population growth, many building designers and developers are looking to mid-rise wood construction as a cost-effective, code-compliant and sustainable solution. This presentation will cover some of the design considerations associated with mid-rise wood-frame buildings, including how to maximize height and area through the use of sprinklers, open frontage, sloping sites, podiums and mezzanines.
We will also discuss common issues and areas of misunderstanding related to exterior walls and their intersection with rated floor assemblies as it pertains to fire resistant detailing.
Attendees can earn 2.0 AIA/CES HSW LUs, 2.0 PDH credits or 0.2 ICC credits
John O’Donald II, PE – Regional Director | VA, DC, DE, MD, WV | WoodWorks
- Venue: The Westin – 6631 W Broad St, Richmond VA
- Lunch will be provided
- We will follow the safety protocols of the venue.
- Upon registration, attendees are required to agree to the terms outlined in our COVID-19 Acknowledgment, Waiver, and Release form
- WoodWorks will send each attendee a certificate of completion within 2 weeks via email
- Please note that to receive a certificate, attendees must stay for the duration of the event
For questions or additional information, please contact:
LeeAnn Charpentier, CMP,
Ph: (301) 633-0330
Photo: The Fowler / Holst Architecture / photo Gabe Border