- This event has passed.
Mitigating Shrinkage and Differential Movement in Wood Construction
October 25, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm CDT
- In Person
Presentation I: Differential Material Movement in Tall Mass Timber Structures
This presentation will analyze reasons for vertical movement (short and long term), provide methods of calculating anticipated movement, highlight detailing options to minimize and accommodate movement, and discuss strategies implemented on tall mass timber projects completed in North America.
Presentation II: Accommodating Shrinkage in Multi-Story Wood-Frame Structures
This presentation will describe procedures for estimating wood shrinkage and provide detailing options that minimize its effects on building performance.
Attendees can Earn 2.0 AIA/CES HSW LUs, 2.0 PDH credits or 0.2 ICC credits.
- Jason Bahr, PE, WoodWorks
- 9:00 am – 11:15 am: Presentations
- 11:15 – 11:30 am: Q&A
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Lunch
- We will follow the safety protocols of the venue.
- Upon registration, attendees are required to agree to the terms outlined in our COVID-19 Acknowledgment, Waiver, and Release form.
If you have any questions please contact Mary Schramka: firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-204-9578.
Photo: MSU STEM Teaching and Learning Facility / Integrated Design Solutions / photo Christofer Lark