- This event has passed.
Wood Construction in New England: A Firsthand Look
September 22, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm EDT
- In Person
Part 1 takes a brief look at the use of wood in construction and highlights some of the positive environmental benefits it can bring to a project. Case studies illustrating the benefits of wood from a sustainability perspective will be presented along with a short survey of carbon policy across the U.S.
Part 2 will introduce mass timber products and building systems then consider why some mass timber projects never pass the concept stage, what can mitigate risk and improve financial feasibility, and how the development, architectural, engineering, and construction community can achieve success with mass timber projects of various scales and typologies.
BONUS SITE TOUR. In-person attendees will get a firsthand look at mass timber construction as they tour Bowdoin College Mills Hall and the Center for Arctic Studies. Tour is from 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm.
Earn 2.0 AIA/CES HSW LU, 2.0 PDH credit or 0.2 ICC credit – attendees of the tour will receive an additional credit.
- Marc Rivard, PE, SE – Regional Director | MA, CT, ME, NH, RI, VT| WoodWorks
- Members of the project team for Bowdoin College Mills Hall and the Center for Arctic Studies will join the tour
- Registration & lunch begins at 12:30 pm followed by the seminar at 1:00 pm and the tour at 3:30 pm
- We will follow the safety protocols of the venue
- Upon registration, attendees are required to agree to the terms outlined in our COVID-19 Acknowledgment, Waiver, and Release form.
- Online seminar will run 1:00 pm – 3:10 pm ET
- WoodWorks will send each attendee a certificate of completion within 2 weeks via email.
- Please note that to receive a certificate, attendees must stay for the duration of the event.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
LeeAnn Charpentier, CMP, | LeeAnn.Charpentier@woodworks.org | (301) 633-0330