- This event has passed.
Mass Timber in Multi-Family Housing: Is It a Good Fit for Your Project?
September 7 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm MDT
- In Person
Typical multi-family housing developments are in the range of 4-6 stories, often utilizing podium or pedestal construction with 1-2 stories of steel and concrete topped with 3-5 stories of light wood framing. Beyond these heights, building codes have historically required steel or concrete framing and, to justify the added costs of these materials, projects often go much taller. This has created a critical gap in housing developments in the range of 6-12 stories. Can mass timber multi-family projects make financial sense in the 4-6 story range, used in conjunction with light wood-frame systems? What new opportunities will the 2021 International Building Code create for mass timber housing in the 6-18 story range? This presentation will answer these questions and much more.
David Hanley – Regional Director | WoodWorks
Attendees can earn 2.0 AIA/CES HSW LUs, 2.0 PDH credits or 0.2 ICC credits for the seminar and additional 1 credit for the tour.
DoubleTree by Hilton – Missoula-Edgewater, Bitterroot Room
100 Madison Street, Missoula, MT 59802
- Networking happy hour to follow the seminar from 4:30-6:00 pm
- We will follow the safety protocols of the venue.
- Upon registration, attendees are required to agree to the terms outlined in our COVID-19 Acknowledgment, Waiver, and Release form
- WoodWorks will send each attendee a certificate of completion within 2 weeks via email.
- Please note that to receive a certificate, attendees must stay for the duration of the event.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
Jaime Krohn| WoodWorks | firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: 312-841-8272