- This event has passed.
Early Design Decisions: Priming Mass Timber Projects for Success
July 19, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm MDT
- In Person
This in-person and online presentation will walk through early project decisions and design steps, focusing on how to optimize projects for mass timber and how one early decision can influence others. Topics will include construction types, fire ratings, column grids and beam/panel spans, acoustics and MEP integration. Completed mass timber projects will be used to illustrate the variety of viable options when navigating these key decisions.
Lunch & a tour will follow for in-person attendees from 12:30 – 2:00 pm. We will provide an in-depth look at the University of Denver’s new Burwell Center for Career Achievement, the first project in Denver to include shaft walls and shear walls made from cross-laminated timber (CLT).
David Hanley – Regional Director | WoodWorks
Tour will be led by Jeremy Vera, University of Denver Building Operations Manager
Attendees can earn 2.0 AIA/CES HSW LUs, 2.0 PDH credits or 0.2 ICC credits for the seminar and additional 1 credit for the tour.
- We will follow the safety protocols of the venue.
- Upon registration, attendees are required to agree to the terms outlined in our COVID-19 Acknowledgment, Waiver, and Release form
- Lunch will be provided at 12:30 pm
- The tour of the Burwell Center for Career Achievement will commence at 1:00 pm
- WoodWorks will send each attendee a certificate of completion within 2 weeks via email.
- Please note that to receive a certificate, attendees must stay for the duration of the event.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
Jaime Krohn, CMP | WoodWorks | firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: 312-841-8272