- This event has passed.
Advancing Mass Timber Construction 2021
October 4, 2021 – - October 6, 2021
WoodWorks is a supporting partner for Hanson Wade’s Advancing Mass Timber Construction 2021 will uncover the latest innovations and best practices for delivering high-quality, sustainable mass timber buildings at every stage of the project lifecycle. Join hundreds of clients, contractors, designers, manufacturers and installers to explore how the mass timber market is evolving to deliver taller, more complex structures, faster, and with greater collaboration than ever before.
Returning in-person for its 2nd year, this is your chance to dive deeper into the critical challenges facing design and construction teams as we get to grips with the 2021 IBC changes, overcome traditional mindsets, explore how mass timber projects are evolving and focus on the steps that the AEC industry need to take to deliver greater value for clients.
With 1 exclusive site tour, 6 workshops, 50+ world-class speakers and two tracks of content, there truly is something for everyone this year. Some of the highlights include:
- Building the business case and combatting price sensitivities to secure buy-in for mass timber
- Determining whether mass timber is the best option, whether hybrid buildings may be more appropriate and addressing sustainability, lifecycle analysis and your embodied carbon strategy
- Optimizing collaboration and design decision-making with high-level involvement from all stakeholders to ensure constructability of design
- Working with building authorities to streamline the permitting & approval process for your project
- Setting up construction for success with improved estimation accuracy, BIM coordination and project planning
- Managing and mitigating onsite risk and optimizing transportation, staging and installation
So, whether you are just beginning your mass timber journey, or looking to push the limit with cutting-edge design and construction approaches, you’ll walk away with the insights your team need to move the needle on your next project.
WoodWorks offers a wide range of in-person and online training opportunities, from Wood Design Symposiums that include concurrent seminars and a trade show, to half-day workshops, lunchtime seminars and webinars.