- This event has passed.
Cross Laminated Timber and the Great Plains
June 14, 2018 – 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
,Free – lunch and snacks included
Co-hosted by WoodWorks, CLT and the Great Plains is a professional development seminar that explores the use of cross-laminated timber in architecture. Intended for architects, construction professionals and forestry organizations, it will feature examples of small to mid-sized projects built from CLT and other engineered lumber products. It will highlight the work of architects currently using CLT in the US, with an emphasis on challenges and solutions related to building codes, engineering and fabrication. Topics will also include existing and potential supply sources within the Great Plains region, and a report on the influence of European methods of small-scale CLT production.
- CLT: System Built Lessons from the European Experience
- Introducing CLT: New Opportunities for Timber Construction
- Mass Timber & CLT Design: A Case Study of the John W. Olver Design Building at UMass Amherst
- Dowel-Laminated Timber (DLT) and Multi-Story Construction
- CLT Solutions: Addressing Common Design Challenges
- PLAIN: UNL College of Architecture Multi-discipline Platform for Improving Student Design-Build Education
- Patrick Clark, Wooden Haus Supply
- Mark Bartlett, WoodWorks – Wood Products Council
- Tom S. Chung, Leers Weinzapfel Associates
- Khalid Khan, Neumann Monson Architects
- Jason Griffiths and Aubrey Wassung, UNL-College of Architecture
For a detailed agenda, visit https://issuu.com/jasongriffiths5/docs/clt_and_the_great_plains-profession_1c3f9d22026699
Omaha by Design
618 S. 11th St.
Omaha, NE 68102
Attendees can earn 2 AIA/CES LUs or PDH credits for attending this event.
WoodWorks offers a wide range of in-person and online training opportunities, from Wood Design Symposiums that include concurrent seminars and a trade show, to half-day workshops, lunchtime seminars and webinars.